We’re hiring: Join us this fall as our Event Associate!
DateOctober 7, 2021
Updated: As of October 15, 2021, this position has been filled.
NOW HIRING: Event Associate, The Theatre Lab
Join The Theatre Lab for a temporary position: This role will support The Theatre Lab as we prepare for fall events, including our biggest fundraiser of the year, the Cabaret Benefit on November 14 at The Schuyler.
Schedule and Compensation: 13 hours per week, $15.20 per hour (in-person). Most work will take place between 9am-5pm, M-F.
NOTE: During the week of November 8-14, up to an additional 15 hours may be required, including evenings on weekdays and the weekend.
Primary Job Location: 900 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
Full COVID vaccination and the ability to work on Sunday, November 14 is required.
The ability to lift up to 30 pounds is also required for this role.
Cabaret Duties May Include:
- Take inventory of event materials and make recommendations based on quality
- Prep printed materials, decor, and swag for event guests
- Print and assemble name tags, guest lists, and other materials as needed
- Provide support for pick-up and delivery of event materials and auction items
- Photograph auction items
- Guest relations and auction assistance prior to and during event
- Package items for both transport and delivery
Development Duties May Include:
- Follow up with guests on required information including vaccine cards, menu options, etc.
- Enter table assignments and donation information into Handbid software
- Communicate/follow up with sponsors and hosts as needed
- Help draft and assemble thank-you letters post-event
Marketing Job Duties May Include:
- Promote educational programming on Actors’ Center and TheatreWashington websites
- Promote public performances on TheatreWashington website
- Use established templates to make programs for public performances
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a good communicator with an eye for detail
- Have some photography/styling experience (to photograph still auction objects in a pleasing way)
- Ability to treat objects with care and package delicate items securely for transport
- Follow instructions carefully, and keep clear records of their work
- Have an interest in events and/or nonprofit arts organizations
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and a cover letter that lets us know why you’d like to work with us this fall and if you have any skills that specifically relate to the job description that would make you a good candidate. Email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.