The Theatre Lab is located at 900 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC within the Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church (MVPUMC) building. Our main entrance is found at the double glass doors to the left of Ivory Dental Center. There is a one-way driveway in front of the building for easy drop-off and pick-up by car.
By Metro: The Theatre Lab is within walking distance of several metro stations.
- Mt. Vernon Square—Exit SW corner of 7th and M St, NW (Green and Yellow lines)
- Gallery Place/Chinatown—Exit SE corner of 9th and G St, NW (Green, Yellow and Red lines)
- Metro Center—Exit SE corner of 11th and G St, NW (Blue, Red and Orange and Silver lines
For more information (and a trip planner), visit wmata.com or call WMATA at 202-637-7000.
By Bus: There are numerous buses that stop near the Theatre Lab, including the 70, 74, 80, X2 and X9. Check www.wmata.com for fares and schedules.
By Bikeshare: There is a Capital Bikeshare docking station on the south side of the building at 10th and K Street NW, as well as two other docking stations within a few blocks, east and west of our location.
Accessibility: MVPUMC’s building, sanctuary, fellowship hall, theater, and classrooms were designed to be accessible. These accommodations include restrooms, option for companion seating in our sanctuary and theater, and automatic door at our Massachusetts Avenue atrium entrance. Please contact us for specific accommodation questions or needs.
Free Street Parking
- Massachusetts Ave, NW south side – from our location at 9th St to 14th St, weekday evenings (after 6:30 PM), all day Saturdays and Sundays (except 900 block of Mass Sunday afternoons).
- Numbered and lettered streets north of Mass Ave and west of 9th St, NW – evenings and Sunday afternoons, one side zoned for two-hour parking until 8:30 PM weekdays and Saturdays.
- NOTE – another side of most streets designated for resident parking only. Always read the signs carefully, to make sure you are parking in a legal spot.
Metered Street Parking
- K Street, NW between 9th and 12th St, NW, metered paid parking unlimited from 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm weekdays/Saturdays. Pay with credit card, cash, or ParkMobileapp
- NOTE – two-hour limit Saturday afternoons, no parking in marked restaurant valet areas.
Other Paid Parking
- Find other paid parking in a garage or lot through Parking Panda, ParkWhiz, or Spot Hero to locate and pre-pay for a parking spot in advance. Several of the hotels near us also have indoor garages that usually have space evenings and weekends. (Some of those are valet park only.)
- The Renaissance Hotel at 999 9th St, NW is steps from our location and has a large self-park indoor 24 hour garage.
- City Center DC also has a large self-park underground lot that is four blocks from us at 9th and H Streets, NW; unless there is a big event at the Convention Center or the Capital One Arena, weekend parking rates at City Center are often as low as $12 for as long as you wish to park. (Rates go up at most parking lots and garages when there are big events in the neighborhood.)
- NOTE: Big events/games at the Washington Convention Center or the Capital One Arena make finding parking more challenging, so it’s a good idea to check their event calendars and allow extra time to park.
How to Find Your Classroom
Watch this short video to see how to reach two commonly used classrooms, the lounge, restrooms, and more.