**Please note this poition is for a role at MVPUMC, the building partner in which The Theatre Lab operates. Hiring and job responsibilities will be directly coordinated with MVPUMC, however, the position will likely support times when The Theatre Lab hosts programming during summer 2021.**
The Event Host at Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church (MVPUMC) is a part-time, as-needed position. The Event Host will serve as a greeter, point person, and closer for theater productions, classes, lectures, meetings, and any other events held at MVPUMC. This position may not always have consistent hours from week to week, but will be based on the schedule of events hosted at MVPUMC.
Remuneration is $15/hour.
• Make contact with point persons for groups using the space when they arrive to assure all needs are met
• Greet all group members and visitors and direct them to the appropriate space
• Provide directions or other information that may be helpful for groups or visitors
• Respond to any issues that may arise with individuals or groups using the space, including use of AV equipment, furniture set up, and other facility needs
• Contact MVPUMC staff on call for any major issues that arise
• Initiate contact with emergency agencies (911) for any crises that may arise
• Maintain the security of the space by ensuring those entering the church are involved or a part of the activities occurring
• Make sure all individuals and groups have left the building after their respective event
• Return equipment to storage
• Reset furniture, if necessary
• Vacuum, wipe down surfaces, and remove trash as needed
• Do a walkthrough of the entire space, checking that doors are locked
• Turn off all lights
• Ensure all exterior doors are closed and locked
Training will be provided for all above responsibilities. Interested applicants should forward a resume to Alison Malloy at firstname.lastname@example.org.