Intern-Summer Arts Administration (August-December 2019)
The Theatre Lab hires one part-time arts admin intern to gain experience working at a nonprofit theatre school. Over the internship, you'll have the ability to work on communications (written, public, and inter-office), learn about operations, promote staged readings and adult classes, as well as play a large role in the execution of our annual Cabaret Benefit to occur at the Ritz-Carlton on November 3. Interns will work with all members of The Theatre Lab staff and will receive career coaching/guidance from staff throughout the position. If you have an interest in nonprofit development, marketing/communications/publicity, event planning, customer service, or arts leadership, we encourage you to apply. The internship calls for 20 hours per week to occur between 9am-5pm, M-F.
- Provide top-level assistance to coordinate, administer, and market adult classes, youth programs, and outreach programs
- Communicate professionally with prospective students and parents about The Theatre Lab’s classes and programs
- Assist with plans and execution of fundraising events
- Use online database to register students for classes
- Support production manager as needed for performances
- Contribute to operations and maintenance of a theatrical environment
- Provide other assistance as needed
Candidate must have availability November 1-3 for a special event.