Many technical positions are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about roles.
Summer 2019 - ages 15-19
Technical Theatre Internship for Teens – Ages 15-19 (Waitlist only)
Fall 2019- ages 18 and over
Technical Theatre Internship for Teens – Ages 14-19 (Waitlist only)
Length Session 1: June 24-July 16 (except July 4th)
Length Session 2: July 22-Aug 13
Hours: 9:00AM - 12:00PM (Monday through Friday)
Location: The Theatre Lab, 733 8th Street NW, Washington, DC 20001
Join us all summer long as we explore the technical aspects of theatrical production! Students will receive training in lights, sound, costumes, stage management, carpentry, and the ever-important lesson of safety. Teens from across the DMV will be supervised by our team of area-professionals and college interns as we support Theatre Lab’s award-winning youth productions, including two full-length musicals performed by the Musical Theater Institute for Teens. You will have a chance to show your creativity as we work on design concepts for production and understanding the director’s vision, or simply the opportunity work Show Tech Crew for one of our productions.
You may apply for any or all of the following:
- Technical Theater Internship I meets Monday through Friday, June 24th-July 16th (except July 4th).
- Technical Theater Internship II meets Monday through Friday, July 22nd-August 13th.
- Production week for the teen musical runs July 15th-July 20th for our World Premiere of Alix in Wonderland (evenings and weekends).
- Production week for the teen musical runs August 12th-August 17th for Newsies (evenings and weekends).
By interning at The Theatre Lab, high school students can earn Service Learning Hours or fulfill school Volunteer Requirements.
To sign up for the waitlist, email email@example.com with your name, contact info, and a brief history of your experience and interests. No phone calls, please.
Intern-Summer Arts Administration (Mid-August-December 2019)
- Provide top-level assistance to coordinate, administer, and market adult classes, youth programs, and outreach programs
- Communicate professionally with prospective students and parents about The Theatre Lab’s classes and programs
- Assist with plans and execution of fundraising events
- Use online database to register students for classes
- Support production manager as needed for performances
- Contribute to operations and maintenance of a theatrical environment
- Provide other assistance as needed
Candidate must have availability November 1-3 for a special event.