We invite you to invest in our vision for the future of theatre education in Washington, DC and in transformative theatre education experiences for all. Make a gift today.
Your support will allow us to expand our award-winning dramatic arts education and groundbreaking outreach programs for underserved communities by achieving the following goals.
The Theatre Lab is working to remain at the forefront of theatre education in DC by:
- Building relationships with local public and public charter schools
- Expanding programs to convenient satellite locations
- Growing our scholarship fund to ensure talented individuals have access to exceptional arts training
- Upgrading our main performance space
Over the next three years, we plan to increase the impact of our outreach work by:
- Expanding our direct service Life Stories programs in the DC Metro area
- Building the Life Stories Institute into a robust national dissemination model with an accessible e-learning platform
- Exploring opportunities to integrate the dramatic arts into new communities, including refugee camps and college classrooms
Finally, The Theatre Lab is planning for long-term impact that ensures the success of the organization through staff transitions, economic changes, and evolving infrastructure needs. For us, sustainable impact means:
- Continuing to build our operating reserves
- Creating a careful plan for leadership succession
- Securing long-term leases for additional teaching and performance spaces that fit the organization’s diverse needs
For more information, to discuss planned giving, gifts of stocks and securities, or multi-year pledges, please contact Terah Herman, Program/Development Manager, at email@example.com or 202-824-0449.
Thank you to our generous Fund for Transformative Theatre Education supporters.